Part II: Yoreh De'ah
- BEHEMAH - A class of kosher domestic animals (cattle, sheep, and goats); see Ch.2.
- CHALLAH - a dough-offering set aside when bread is baked; seeCh.27.
- CHAYAH - a kosher animal other than A BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHELEV - forbidden fat of a BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHEREM - a ban, or an oath whose violation is subject to a ban; see Chs.16,29.
- GID HA-NASHEH - the sciatic nerve; see Ch.2.
- KADDISH - a prayer recited by mourners; see Ch.32.
- KOHEN (pl. KOHANIM) - descendants of Aaron who served as priests in the Temple.
- MAASER (pl. MAASROS) - a tithe set aside from crops; see
- MEZUZAH - a scroll containing passages from the Torah, attached to a doorpost; see Ch.23.
- NEZIFAH - a sanction imposed by a rabbi on a disrespectful person; see
- NIDDAH - a woman who is ritually impure because of menstruation; see
- NIDDUI - a preliminary ban; see Ch.29.
- SHATNEZ - a mixture of wool and linen; see Ch.25.
- SIRCHAH (pl. SIRCHOS) - an adhesion; see Ch.4.
- TEREFAH- an animal or bird that has a defect; see Chs.
- TERUMAH - an offering set aside from crops; see Ch.28.
- TEVEL - crops from which TERUMAH and tithes have not been set aside; see
Shulchan Aruch, Copyright (c) 1999 Project
EMOR AND THE OMER:
Rabbi Yaakov Menken - 5755
Rabbi Berel Wein - 5771
Four Types of Jews
Shlomo Katz - 5760
Jump Right In!
Rabbi Eliyahu Hoffmann - 5761
The Perennial Harvest
Rabbi Yisroel Ciner - 5765
Rabbi Dovid Green - 5757
A Pure Blessing
Rabbi Berel Wein - 5766
Fresh Miracles or Stale Bread
Rabbi Naftali Reich - 5774
Shlomo Katz - 5770
Over the Top
Rabbi Naftali Reich - 5770
Our Friend, Shabbos
Rabbi Dovid Green - 5758
Look to the Future
Rabbi Pinchas Avruch - 5764
Just Follow the Leader
Rabbi Label Lam - 5771
From Emor to Omer
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5762
What is "Holy"!?
Rabbi Label Lam - 5763
Deciphering The Medrash's Linkage of Omer, Milah, and Sotah
Rabbi Yissocher Frand - 5763