Part II: Yoreh De'ah
- BEHEMAH - A class of kosher domestic animals (cattle, sheep, and goats); see Ch.2.
- CHALLAH - a dough-offering set aside when bread is baked; seeCh.27.
- CHAYAH - a kosher animal other than A BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHELEV - forbidden fat of a BEHEMAH; see Ch.2.
- CHEREM - a ban, or an oath whose violation is subject to a ban; see Chs.16,29.
- GID HA-NASHEH - the sciatic nerve; see Ch.2.
- KADDISH - a prayer recited by mourners; see Ch.32.
- KOHEN (pl. KOHANIM) - descendants of Aaron who served as priests in the Temple.
- MAASER (pl. MAASROS) - a tithe set aside from crops; see
- MEZUZAH - a scroll containing passages from the Torah, attached to a doorpost; see Ch.23.
- NEZIFAH - a sanction imposed by a rabbi on a disrespectful person; see
- NIDDAH - a woman who is ritually impure because of menstruation; see
- NIDDUI - a preliminary ban; see Ch.29.
- SHATNEZ - a mixture of wool and linen; see Ch.25.
- SIRCHAH (pl. SIRCHOS) - an adhesion; see Ch.4.
- TEREFAH- an animal or bird that has a defect; see Chs.
- TERUMAH - an offering set aside from crops; see Ch.28.
- TEVEL - crops from which TERUMAH and tithes have not been set aside; see
Shulchan Aruch, Copyright (c) 1999 Project
Rabbi Pinchas Avruch - 5767
Rabbi Dovid Begoun - 5766
The Lesson of Avraham
Rabbi Berel Wein - 5763
Go to the Land of Canaan
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5770
Neither a Thread Nor a Shoelace
Rabbi Yissocher Frand - 5756
Reward May Come
Rabbi Yissocher Frand - 5760
Freedom of Man
Shlomo Katz - 5760
Participating in G-ds Master Plan
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5774
“You Can Take the Girl out of Hicksville, but...”
Jon Erlbaum -
The Beginning & End of the Journey
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5760
Worthy of the Brocha!
Rabbi Label Lam - 5770
Not Just A Tool
Rabbi Yochanan Zweig - 5773
Rabbi Pinchas Winston - 5773
Rabbi Label Lam - 5771
Rabbi Eliyahu Hoffmann - 5762
The House that Truth Built
Rabbi Label Lam - 5762