Mitzvos that Provide Uniform and Identification
11: Kerias Shema
You shall speak of it...in the evening and in the morning.(Devarim
It is a mitzvah to recite the Shema every evening and morning. When we do
this, we are reminded of the following fundamental mitzvos:
• In the first paragraph (Shema):
1. Hashem is One.
2. Love Him.
3. Study His Torah (mitzvah 17).
4. Say Shema.
5. Wear tefillin.
6. Have mezuzos.
• In the second paragraph (Vehayah):
7. Accept all of His commandments.
• In the third paragraph (Vayomer):
8. Wear tzitzis.
9. Remember that Hashem saved us from Egypt.
Text Copyright © 2006 by Rabbi Moshe Goldberger and Torah.org.