Re: Women praying with a minyan

the Cheshire Cat (alanacat@wam.umd.edu)
Tue, 31 Dec 1996 12:39:57 -0500 (EST)

eh0qc@qcunix1.acc.qc.edu wrote:
> >it definately is a good idea for women to daven with a minyan, especially
> >on shabbos when she does not have other things to take care of.

Nechama Cox responded:
> Where do you go for Shabbos? How does the food get on the table there?
> How do the dishes get back into the kitchen, and Friday night, cleaned so
> they can be used for Shabbos lunch?
> While it is forbidden to cook or do "work" on Shabbos, a woman has many
> entertained. Shabbos is a day of rest, but when there are children and a
> household to be maintained, there is no such thing as no "other things to
> take care of"

Well, in my house, the answer to the above questions is "It depends upon
which week it is." We alternate weeks for who does that work, as we've
made a commitment to doing equal work. We both work and thus outside of
the house already do about the same amount. In the house we're thus also
determined to about the same amount, and we go to the synagogue together
each week.

Alana Suskin