Re: Los Angeles Times

Saydee613@aol.com
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 15:43:02 -0500 (EST)

Shmuel Weiss wrote:
>I would like to pose a question to fellow readers.
>What is your opinion of the article published in the December 29, 1996,
>Sunday edition of the Los Angeles Times, "When Jews Leave Faith Behind" by
>Marjorie Miller? You can find this article at (http://www.latimes.com). I
>was perturbed by the negative spin put on the article...

Welcome to the world of anti-semitism. Although they did interview a man
who left religious Judaism and returned, the overall feeling that you got
from the
piece is, unfortunately, what the writer wanted you to feel. This is not
the only instance of editorial bias with regard to Jewish themes in the LA
Times. When they report on Israel, it is so slanted that my husband has
refused for many years now not to subscribe. You may want to consider
doing the same as well as sending along a letter explaining why you have
ended your subscription.

Good Luck!