Re: Judaism and extra-terrestrial life

haviv@postoffice.worldnet.att.net
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 12:36:49 +0000

Akiva Miller <kgmiller@datacorinc.com> wrote:
> Several people are asking if extra-terrestrials (if they exist) would
> have a Torah like ours. Let me remind everyone that until about 3309
> years ago, even Planet Earth did not "have a Torah like ours". Prior to
> that point one could argue that Earth either had no Torah at all, or a
> Torah which was in a different form. (Personally, I go with the
> "different form" idea.) Either way, what we had prior to Moshe could
> certainly be what they have now. And if the "different form" idea is
> true, then ET might even have a full-blown written Torah, but one as
> relevant to them as ours is to us. And just as holy. And just as true!

Be careful about the 'different form' idea. Various religions derived from
Judaism will say their texts are the Torah in a different form. Hashem used
the Torah as a blueprint for the universe. And so what if ET doesn't have a
Torah? There are primitive tribes far isolated from society on _this_
planet who've never heard of the Torah either!

Ari Haviv-webmaster Official Torah Codes
http://www.trailerpark.com/phase1/arielb/codes/