Re: Parent-child relationships

Eric Simon (erics@access.digex.net)
Fri, 7 Feb 1997 13:38:25 -0500 (EST)

Jean-Pierre Haddad wrote:
>I am a student in grade 12 at Herzlia High School, Cape Town, South Africa.
>I have a project for next week on "Parent-child relationships in the Torah".
>Could anyone, please assist and guide me to appropriate sources, either
>books or on the Net?

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but Artscroll has just put
out a new book by Rabbi Twerski called Positive Parenting. I have one other
book by him (Living Each Week), which I think is excellent.

[Although the project probably concerns the parent-child relationships
between our ancestors named in the Torah, looking in books aimed at today's
parents is probably a good idea - any piece of Torah literature should use
examples from the Torah where appropriate. --YM]

Hope this helps,

Eric