Re: Origin of Hebrew Language

Joshua Swedarsky (or_david@netvision.net.il)
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 00:54:12 +0000

Marian Stefaniu <mstefan@ionsys.com> wrote:
> I would kindly ask for some (book) references or an online response
> to a simple question: what is the origin of Hebrew ? Avraham and his
> family must have spoken the language of Ur Kasdim, while the nations
> where he settled and where Yitzhak and Yakov lived, certainly did
> not speak the Lashon Hakodesh. So where is Hebrew coming from ?

There is a wonderful book titled "How the Hebrew Language Grew" by my
late cousin Prof. Edward Horowitz A"H. He explains how each letter
originated and how the hebrew alphabet evolved through time.

Joshua Swedarsky
SWEDE <or_david@netvision.net.il>
"The man who is rich is the man who is happy with what he has" Pirkei Avot