Re: The Bedtime Shema

Yeshivat Shaarei Yerushalayim (orbach@netmedia.net.il)
Mon, 12 May 1997 22:27:11 +0200 (IST)

Mark Duman wrote:
>We have four angels on the compass points and Hashem above protecting us
>(stated among the verses following the Bedtime Shema) - what (in a spiritual
>realm) protects us from beneath ? Especially as I'm still convinced
>something hides under my bed !!!

I heard from Rabbi Avrohom Garden, that the whole thing of this possuk is
to protect us from all manner of dangers, if something is under your bed,
then it follows that the snake will have to come from under the bed and
over the side from one of the four directions, at that point one of the
malochim can take effect and protect us.

Ben Granat
Yeshivat Shaarei Yerushalayim