Re: Cloning and Halacha

Nechama Cox (nechama@borealis.com)
Tue, 27 May 1997 15:10:58 +0000

Daniel Jacob Pearson wrote about cloning:
>What I find to be truly disturbing is the thought that there are some who
>would wish to restrict the availability of knowledge because of its
>potential for evil use.

We do this all the time. Information on how to build an atomic bomb, while
available, was very limited for years, and even today is not easily
available because of its potential damage.

Would Mr.Pearson argue against that as well?

There are things which should not be known. I am not arguing that cloning
is one of them, but rather that the idea that knowledge should be available
because it should be available, is limited.

Nechama

Nechama Cox
nechama@borealis.com
London, England