Re: Hiding the Afikomen

Danny Schoemann (Dannys@accentsoft.com)
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 10:40:51 +0200

In Torah-Forum V3 #42, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Still, (I heard my rav say) there are opinions that this shouldn't be
> done. The reasons are: 1) for the fear that they will drop the matza
> on the earth (thus making it non-kosher for Passover)

Interstingly enough, in the "How to get ready for Pessach without spring
cleaning" pamphlet produced as a result of Rav P. Scheinberg Shlita's shiur,
it says that things dropped on the floor are not chometz and (disregarding the
health issue involved) may be eaten. [ However, many have the custom not to
eat anything after it has fallen on the floor during Passover for fear that
it may have come into contact with a crumb of chametz (unleavened bread)]

Just for the record.

Danny Schoemann
DannyS@AccentSoft.com